GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
for Blue Shield Australia competition
1. This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Blue Shield Australia (as represented by the Australian Library and Information Association, in the Australian Capital Territory) (“Promoter”).
2. Entry to the competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who represent cultural heritage organisations in Australia (Australian states and territories).
4. Only one entry per organisation will be accepted for Competition 2, 2019 Win A Disaster Bin Competition. All competition entries should be completed online via the form at https://cp526.ezyreg.com/~blbl2186/mayday/
5. Competition 2, Win A Disaster Bin, is only open to Australian rural, regional and remote GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums) Heritage Places, Historical Societies, Historical Sites and Cultural Heritage organisations.
6. The Competition entry period (“Entry Period”) will be published in the competition entry instructions on the website. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
7. There is no cost to enter the Competition, however internet connection and usage rates may apply. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
8. There are three prizes for Competition 2, each consisting of a stocked Disaster Recovery Supply Bin from Conservation Resources (as listed at https://www.conservationresources.com.au/html/home/products/product.php?pid=290) valued at $495 as well as delivery costs to the winning organisations. The prizes are not transferrable.
9. The Winners (winning organisations) shall be contacted by email address or other contact details provided. Information of the details of the winning organisation will be made public on the Blue Shield Australia website. Entrants who are not winners will not receive any notification at all. The Promoter will contact the winner to claim their prize. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the prize. Prizes cannot be substituted.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding upon all Entrants and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants who are not winners will not receive any notification at all.
11. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the information they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for the provision of such information by the entrant to the full extent permitted by law. Without limiting any other terms herein, the Entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any loss, damage or claim suffered by the Promoter or by any third party arising from a breach of these terms. The collection, use and disclosure of all personal information will be handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009.
12. All Entrants enter the Competition at their own risk and the winner accepts the prize at his or her own risk.
13. Where an Entrant provides personal information to the Promoter, noting that the Entrant’s participation in the competition is voluntary, the personal information will be used by the Promoter to administer the competition in accordance with these terms and conditions. Entrant’s personal information will be stored securely and except as provided for in these terms and conditions, will not be given to any other person or agency.
14. This competition is regarded as an exempt Lottery under the ACT Government guidelines https://www.gamblingandracing.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/790251/Exempt-Lotteries-Information-and-Conditions.pdf
15. The Promoter reserves the right to request the use of any of the text answers submitted to the Competition for future use by Blue Shield Australia, with the permission of the Entrant.