The following documents outline steps to assist in disaster recovery. We have listed them under the names of the publishers – you can visit their websites for further information and updates. Please let us know if you have any others that we can share.
Australian Institute for Disaster Resilience (AIDR)
- Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015–2030. Australian Journal of Emergency Management, Volume 30 Number 3, July 2015, pp 9-10.
Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Material (AICCM)
- How can you salvage precious belongings?
- Be prepared: guidelines for small museums for writing a disaster preparedness plan
Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Disaster preparation and planning
Australian Red Cross (ARC)
Australian War Memorial (AWM)
Heritage Collections Council
International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property (ICCROM)
- First aid to cultural heritage in times of crisis brochure
- First aid to cultural heritage in times of crisis handbook and toolkit
National Archives of Australia (NAA)
- Disaster recovery of flood or fire-damaged records
- Disaster preparedness manual for Commonwealth agencies