The following documents outline steps to assist in disaster recovery. We have listed them under the names of the publishers – you can visit their websites for further information and updates. Please let us know if you have any others that we can share.
Australia International Council on Monuments and Sites (AICOMOS)
- Heritage Toolkit (including links to a Rapid Assessment Form for Fire Impacted Heritage Places)
Australian Institute for Disaster Resilience (AIDR)
- Australian Disaster Resilience Knowledge Hub
- Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015–2030. Australian Journal of Emergency Management, Volume 30 Number 3, July 2015, pp 9-10.
Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Material (AICCM)
- How can you salvage precious belongings?
- Salvaging fire-damaged possessions
- Salvaging water-damaged materials
- Be prepared: guidelines for small museums for writing a disaster preparedness plan
Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Disaster preparation and planning
Australian Red Cross (ARC)
Australian War Memorial (AWM)
Heritage Collections Council
International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property (ICCROM)
- First aid to cultural heritage in times of crisis brochure
- First aid to cultural heritage in times of crisis handbook and toolkit
National Archives of Australia (NAA)
- Recovering fire-damaged records
- Recovering flood-damaged records
- Preserving information
- Disaster preparedness manual for Commonwealth agencies